Welcome to Congregation Beth Avraham/Anshei Sfard!
Welcome to Congregation Beth Avraham, the Lehigh Valley's Only Nusach Sfard synagogue (O).
WHAT IS OUR SHUL LIKE?
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT OUR SHUL?
- Totally non-judgemental
- Whether you know nothing, everything or something in between, you will feel comfortable
- No one will ever discuss what you are wearing, how you got there or how good/bad the Chazzan chanted.
- The Prayer Services are compelling and serious, yet lively and easy to follow.
- The county's only Orthodox Synagogue.
- Holiday seats are not sold.
- Money is never a barrier to full participation.
- Small town friendly.
- Everyone is family at Beth Avraham.
Thinking Of Moving Here?
Nestled in a valley and mountainside at the beginning of the Pocono Mountains lies a gem of a town : beautiful, historic, tranquil Bethlehem , close to Philadelphia (1hr) and New York City (1hr. 20 min.). The housing costs are very low especially when compared to any area in North Jersey ! Taxes are very low , crime rate is low and the city offers a rich array of services usually not found in smaller towns.
There is an abundance of kosher shopping, and close by is the Allentown Jewish day school. The best part of all is the shul itself! This is a small, warm and cozy orthodox synagogue with a much admired beautiful interior.