Come One, Come All to our First Chanukah Event of the Season!
Please be sure to attend our pre-Chanukah event this Sunday, December 7:
- Dec 7 (Sun) at noon - a spectacular pre-Chanukah event.
- Featuring our very own historian, Ezra Shapero, who will deliver a fascinating historical information session about Chanukah.
- Rabbi will give 10 facts that you probably didn't know about Chanukah
No charge but donations welcome. RSVP essential.
- An authentic Persian dinner
Please rsvp at your earliest convenience so we can plan accordingly.
Use our online form to rsvp today!
Why is this event different than all other events?
- It's happening before Chanukah
- It doesn't conflict with any other Chanukah parties
- It's happening on a Sunday
- It's probably your first Chanukah event of the year
- You won't yet have latke fatigue!
Welcome to Congregation Beth Avraham/Anshei Sfard!
Beth Avraham is now a BET MEDRASH!
- A Bet Medrash is in some ways even better than shul!
- It is more transformative!
- It is a study circle ,where Everyone has equal place.
- You get more "to take home" (knowledge).
- Cost less to run!
- All the lively major US kehillot today have their roots in a Bet Medrash!
- we are now building our new Bet Medrash. We don't have a permanent building yet, but a Bet Medrash can function even without one..
Here's our Main events:
MONTHLY Torah Study
FIRST TUESDAY of month!
Tuesday, 7 p.m., Congregation Beth Avraham
100,000 Miles/YR for KOSHER!
To Join: Please enroll by sending
THERE IS NO COST FOR IT!
Open to all:
Fascinating vignettes from a mashgiach who drives approx 100,000 Miles /year (yes, per year !) to keep the kosher supply chain intact! From rural Arkansas to frigid Nova Scotia, Canada ,winter and summer the demands are always there...!
MONTHLY COMMUNAL SHABBAT DINNERS
FIRST FRIDAY NIGHT of month!
IN FEBRUARY 2014 IS THE EXCEPTION: WE WON'T PLAN AN EVENT DUE TO HIGH RISK OF SNOWY WEATHER
YES ! WE ARE HAVING A COMMUNAL SEDER!
PLS EMAIL YOUR RESERVATIONS SAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION: IT'S NECESSARY
YES WE HAVE TO CHARGE FOR THE SEDER: EMAIL FOR PRICES.
Please contact us to find out venue
MONTHLY COMMUNAL SEUDAH SHELISHIT DINNERS
FIRST SHABBAT Afternoon of month!
A lively, moving event of mystical songs, shabbat food and words of Torah to elevate and experience the Shabbat spiritual peak as the sacred day slowly becomes evening and nightfall arrives to meet the weekday.
Please contact us to find out venue (we don't yet have our new building)
Have you ever said “That Dinner was Divine!”
Well, we now a have a new Dinner Series that combines a unique internationally themed Dinner with Jewish Study.
We focus on fascinating aspects of Torah, hence the name “Divine”
Schedule: Generally , First Monday of each Calendar Month at 7 PM, except during the 2 months of Passover/Yom Kippur, when we don’t do it at all.
See our website calendar for exact date and any changes!
RSVP essential! Donation would be helpful but not mandatory , it’s entirely voluntary!
SUMMARY OF OUR PROGRAMS:
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNERS
Friday at Sundown
Sing ,Study, Eat
1st FULL WEEKEND of EACH CALENDAR MONTH except during the 2 months of Passover/Yom Kippur, when we don’t do it at all. See our website calendar for exact date and any changes !
SEUDAH SHELISHIT SUPPER and HAVDALAH
Saturday at Sundown until Shabbat is ushered out with HAVDALAH 1st FULL WEEKEND of EACH CALENDAR MONTH except during the 2 months of Passover/Yom Kippur, when we don’t do it at all. See our website calendar for exact date and any changes !
DIVINE DINNER SERIES
Schedule: Generally, First Monday of each Calendar Month at 7 PM. except during the 2 months of Passover/Yom Kippur, when we don’t do it at all. See our website calendar for exact date and any changes.
HOLIDAY SERIES: Call for details , RSVP essential
- PURIM MEGILLAH READING in our Fair City :Call for details
- PASSOVER COMMUNAL SEDER for our LV community :
- SHAVUOT IS COMING ! We’ll be up all night studying and some snacking! (Healthy..!)
- Tisha BAV : Remembering Our Legacy
- SHOFAR : Pre High Holiday Session
- SUKKOT DINNERS
- CHANUKAH PARTY
At Beth Avraham, $$ is never a barrier! Donation would be helpful but not mandatory, it’s entirely voluntary!
For any food related events RSVP is essential! (how else do we know how much to prepare!)
With new events, new plans.
Much better than before!
Sign up for chanukah ,purim, passover.
Just email: Contact Us
Welcome to Congregation Beth Avraham, the Lehigh Valley's Only Nusach Sfard synagogue (O).
WHAT IS OUR SHUL LIKE?
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT OUR SHUL?
- Totally non-judgemental
- Whether you know nothing, everything or something in between, you will feel comfortable
- No one will ever discuss what you are wearing, how you got there or how good/bad the Chazzan chanted.
- The Prayer Services are compelling and serious, yet lively and easy to follow.
- The county's only Orthodox Synagogue.
- Holiday seats are not sold.
- Money is never a barrier to full participation.
- Small town friendly.
- Everyone is family at Beth Avraham.
Thinking Of Moving Here?
Nestled in a valley and mountainside at the beginning of the Pocono Mountains lies a gem of a town : beautiful, historic, tranquil Bethlehem , close to Philadelphia (1hr) and New York City (1hr. 20 min.). The housing costs are very low especially when compared to any area in North Jersey ! Taxes are very low , crime rate is low and the city offers a rich array of services usually not found in smaller towns.
There is an abundance of kosher shopping, and close by is the Allentown Jewish day school. The best part of all is the shul itself! This is a small, warm and cozy orthodox synagogue with a much admired beautiful interior.